Sunday, February 15, 2015

February 15, 2015

Happy Valentine's Weekend! Enjoy the sunshine while you can...snow is on the way!  My bird feeder has the been the place to be on this cold morning! I even have a Robin eating out of the feeder. All I can think of it must be the fruit in the food because they are typically ground feeders and don't eat out a bird feeder. My husband landed safely in the US on Friday. He is happy to be back in the US but wasn't quite ready for 0 degrees and shoveling snow!

My dad follows my blog and called me up to tell me had a bone to pick me with. I told him there is no telling what I did! :)  He wants me to correct where he plays the pipe organ...he does not play at the Collingswood Theater in NJ, he plays at the Broadway Theater in Pittman, NJ.  http://www.thebroadwaytheatre.org/  There you go Dad, I fixed it! :) 😁  (musicians can be a bit temperamental! :)  😆  My mom and dad are coming to see my oldest son Bobby graduate in May with his Masters Degree from UNC Charlotte and we are all excited! We haven't seen my parents in a long time and I can't wait!! I am hoping they will be able to come see our classroom and our sweet kids! Knowing my mom she would spend the day reading and playing with the kids and my dad can tell them all about Geography, History and Music! Once a teacher, always a teacher! :)

This past week we finished making our Valentine card holders, worked on letters Cc and Dd, the numbers 29 and 30, the hexagon shape and the sight word "see". The children have come a long way in their letter formation and willingness to try drawing an unfamiliar or more difficult shape! :) Hopefully the box we sent off to England will arrive soon and the children at the Blue Grass Purple Cow preschool will get to enjoy him as well. The music center continues to grow in popularity, which makes me excited the kids are wanting to listen to different types of music and trying out the instruments! On Wednesday we decorated Friendship Cookies in our classroom then shared them with all the teachers. We had a great Valentine's Party day with Pastries for Parents with our moms/dads and then had our own little party later with some fruit and veggies, chips and dip!

I am really, really hoping this week is going to be "normal", but after hearing all the different weather forecasts, I am not so confident. I have Mrs. Judy penciled in for a few days this week in anticipation of bad weather and me not being able to get off the mountain. We pay HOA fees that include plowing but the young boys of the snow plow man have taken over the service and instead of salting the roads before the storm and coming through during the storm and right away afterwards like he used to do, these boys come long after the storm has past and the roads are a mess. This has been a big problem the past few years and the main topic at HOA member meetings where everyone gets together to grumble about the lack of salting and plowing...So all that aside, Mrs. Judy might be there a few days this week or the kids might get stuck with me and Mrs. Lovenda! I don't have anything big planned this week ( because of the potential bad weather) but if the snow goes somewhere else or I am able to get out, we will be working on our art show projects and learning about Aaron Copland, another famous composer! http://www.americancomposers.org/raksin_copland.htm


Upcoming Events: 

Art Show:    March 20th...dinner, art and a musical show. Exact details will be discussed later, but plan on spending the evening with us on Friday, March 20th. The kids have been creating beautiful art, learning songs to sing and will be making their own instrument for the performance.



Leaders For The Week Of February 16-20: 

Monday:           Allie

Tuesday:          Weston

Wednesday:      Sophia

Thursday:         Chace

Friday:              Khloe



Wishing you all wonderful and warm week!

Mrs. Wendy

some pics from last week:























































No comments:

Post a Comment