Sunday, December 2, 2012

December 2, 2012

It's December! Before you know it, Christmas will be here! On Saturday, my two youngest kids saw Santa at our local Petsmart and he was trying to convince them to tell their mom (me) they need to adopt a cat. They kept telling him I am really allergic to cats and he finally told them to tell me to "take a pill for that". I guess I am going to be on the naughty list this year!

Last week we got most of our Christmas parent gifts and crafts done! We also worked on letters Yy and Zz, numbers 35 and 36, the word "saw" and the pentagon shape. We wrote letters and drew pictures in shaving cream on the table, arranged the alphabet stones in order and made sight words with the duplo blocks.

This week we will be doing another Christmas craft, numbers 37 and 38, the trapezoid shape, the sight word "did" and going back to the beginning of the alphabet and working on letters Aa and Bb again. Our Bible focus will be from Kings 17, 18 and 19 and we will be listening to Christmas stories.


Leader Calendar for the week of December 3rd to December 7th:

Monday:        Bryce
Tuesday:       Cameron
Wednesday:  Danielle
Thursday:     Jayden
Friday:         Lauren

Reminders:

Our Christmas Tea Party for parents will be on Wednesday, December 19th at 8:00 a/m until... The children will be giving you gifts at our party!

Please remember to hang your child's coat on our new hook outside of our classroom.

Please check your child's cubbie every day for artwork, important papers and their leader day show and tell that needs to go home.

FYI:

We have had several children with strep throat in the classroom. A child with strep throat may not have a sore throat....they may have a headache or stomach ache or both.

I am taking an Early Childhood Education college course called Creative Activities during the spring semester through HCC. As part of my coursework I may be required to photograph children doing the activities my instructor will have us do with the kids. I already take pics of the kids for my blog, but I will need your permission to allow me to use your child's photo in my coursework, which will be emailed to my instructor. If you will allow me to use your child's photo, please email or tell me at school. Thanks!

Have a great week!

Mrs. Wendy

Pics from last week will be posted when blogspot isn't running so slow!


No comments:

Post a Comment