Sunday, February 10, 2013

February 10, 2013

We made it through an entire week! Yay! It looks maybe some snow on Wednesday, but hopefully it is not much at all and doesn't interrupt school!

Last week we worked on letters Ii and Jj and letters 46 and 47, the triangle shape and the word "play". We did a few math and language activities and are continuing to work on drawing people, as this will be part of their kindergarten assessment. This week we will be working on letters Kk and Ll, the numbers 48 and 49, the oval shape and the word "put". We will also be starting to work on having the children learn their phone number and address. I did assessments on just about everyone in the class this past week and will get a copy to you by then end of the week. If you would like to conference with me regarding your child's assessment, please let know and we will schedule a time to meet.

Reminders:


Tomorrow, Monday the 11th is our Pastries for Parents. When you arrive, grab some food and come into the classroom and have some breakfast with your child.
Valentines Party this Thursday, the 14th. I sent home a list of all the children's names. We will be doing a Valentine exchange at our party. We will be decorating a Valentine holder this week!

Please return the red reading bags each week and let me or Mrs. Lovenda know that you have returned your child's bag so we can check it off as returned.
Please have your child learn their phone number and address...we will be working on it during class time as well. The more they memorize and practice, the easier it will become for them to remember. This is typically a part of their kindergarten assessment.

Leader Day for the week of February 11th - 15th:
Monday:    Maddie
Tuesday:      Marin
Wednesday:  Alex
Thursday    Ayden
Friday:        Bryce

I am still working on a date for our snow party. I have everything we need, except a day without a snow and permission to use the Fellowship Hall! I will let you know as soon as I find out...all your child will need to do is wear pajamas on that day.

Have a great week!




 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment