Saturday, March 2, 2013

March 2, 2013


It's snowing, again...at least it's on the weekend and not another school day! I have about an inch at my house but it seems to be melting, which is fine with me! This past week we worked on letters Oo and Pp, numbers 52 and 53, the word was and the rhombus shape. We also played in the rice table, the sand table, made monster handprints, made our own monsters out of clay and read some fun monster stories. On Friday we had our Dr. Suess day and while I read Green Eggs and Ham to the kids,  Mrs. Lovenda made our class and Mrs. Kathy's class green eggs and ham. I asked the children what they thought Mrs. Lovenda would use to make the eggs green and some of the answers were "green goo", "green paint" and "she is going to put green grass in there". Thankfully she just added green food coloring and most of the children ate the eggs! After we had our breakfast we watched a few short Dr. Suess movies and then it was time to go back to our classrooms.

This week we will be working on letters Qq and Rr, numbers 54 and 55, the crescent shape, the word "saw" and our Bible verse will be Luke 5:31.

Leader Calendar for the week of March 4th-8th:

Monday:  Cameron
Tuesday:  Danielle
Wednesday:   Jayden
Thursday:  Lauren
Friday:  Maddie

I am putting together an art show for the children to showcase their art. This is going to be a school-wide event and I am trying to book the Fellowship Hall for Friday, March 22nd. I will let you know the times as I get the details all worked out with all the other teachers. I am really excited to be organizing and presenting an art show for our children and I know they will be excited to show off their work to everyone!

Have a great week!

Mrs. Wendy




 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment