Happy Easter!
Last week was a crazy week! We did manage to work on letters Ww, Xx, number 60 and 61 the triangle shape and the word "big". The kids have become so good at writing their letters and numbers that they are able to do it unassisted. As soon as I hand them their white board and marker they are writing them all down and are way ahead of me! It's amazing to see how much progress they have made, even in the past month! We had our Easter party on Thursday with Mrs. Kathy's class and as you will be able to see in the pictures, we had plenty of food! We watched several Easter movies and the kids all socialized with each other!
This week we will have several children out on vacation but we are still going to keep moving on and will be working on letters Yy and Zz, numbers 62 and 63, the square shape and the word "come". Some of the kids have been really interested in writing letters and invitations to family and friends and ask Mrs. Lovenda and I how to spell a lot of words! This shows me they are ready to learn words that are a little harder to write!
My husband has taken a new job and is now working in Pittsburgh at the MSA Safety Company. They make safety products for first responders, firefighters, police, military, the government, agriculture, mining, etc. He is still working as an I.T professional, however, this job requires more extensive travel and for the next 18 months, as they install the S.A.P. software and integrate with other companies, he will be traveling every month to a different country in Europe. Currently he is in Berlin, Germany and will be there until April 11th. As far as he knows, soon he will be in France, Italy and Spain. As he travels to the different countries I am going to be introducing the kids to that particular country. I will be getting a world map poster for our classroom wall and my husband is going to be mailing me postcards from each country. For those of you who remember "Where's Waldo", we will be doing something similiar and will be calling it "Where's Mr. Jim". I want to show the children the world is a much bigger place than their backyard. For kids, even a trip to Asheville seems like it's really far away! I found a really nice book at my favorite used book store, Mr. K's and it has pictures and facts about every county in Europe that the children will be able to look through and see the castles and animals and people of those countries. I am also going to introduce the children to a few words from each country...for example the word dog in German is "hund". I may not always get the pronunciations correct, but at least they will get the differences in languages. If possible, I would also love to be able to have a snack or meal from that particular country...that is something I am considering as well! He will be in a different country each month so this is something that will be ongoing for awhile!
Our graduation will be on Thursday, May 23rd. I will let you know the exact time but it will be 6:00 or 7:00. We will have an ice cream social outside on the playground area following the graduation! It seems strange to be talking about graduation..this year has flown on by!
For graduation purposes, please let me know what school your child will be attending kindergarten.
As soon as I get info, I will be letting you know what day/time kindergarten registration is for each individual school.
Leader Calendar for the week of April 1st--April 5th
Monday: Cameron
Tuesday: Danielle
Wednesday: Jayden
Thursday: Lauren
Friday: Maddie
Reminders:
Things to keep working on at home:
Phone number and address
Drawing a person with lots of details...ears, hair, neck, shoulders, arms, hands, fingers, etc. (we work on this a lot)
Drawing shapes (we work on this a lot!)
Writing first and last name
Buttoning/Zippering pants, coats and clothes
With the exception of buttoning/zippering, your child will be asked to do those things on the pre-kindergarten assessment.
Whew! I think that's about it for now!
Have a great week!
Mrs. Wendy
the Easter Party Pics will be posted next
Last week was a crazy week! We did manage to work on letters Ww, Xx, number 60 and 61 the triangle shape and the word "big". The kids have become so good at writing their letters and numbers that they are able to do it unassisted. As soon as I hand them their white board and marker they are writing them all down and are way ahead of me! It's amazing to see how much progress they have made, even in the past month! We had our Easter party on Thursday with Mrs. Kathy's class and as you will be able to see in the pictures, we had plenty of food! We watched several Easter movies and the kids all socialized with each other!
This week we will have several children out on vacation but we are still going to keep moving on and will be working on letters Yy and Zz, numbers 62 and 63, the square shape and the word "come". Some of the kids have been really interested in writing letters and invitations to family and friends and ask Mrs. Lovenda and I how to spell a lot of words! This shows me they are ready to learn words that are a little harder to write!
My husband has taken a new job and is now working in Pittsburgh at the MSA Safety Company. They make safety products for first responders, firefighters, police, military, the government, agriculture, mining, etc. He is still working as an I.T professional, however, this job requires more extensive travel and for the next 18 months, as they install the S.A.P. software and integrate with other companies, he will be traveling every month to a different country in Europe. Currently he is in Berlin, Germany and will be there until April 11th. As far as he knows, soon he will be in France, Italy and Spain. As he travels to the different countries I am going to be introducing the kids to that particular country. I will be getting a world map poster for our classroom wall and my husband is going to be mailing me postcards from each country. For those of you who remember "Where's Waldo", we will be doing something similiar and will be calling it "Where's Mr. Jim". I want to show the children the world is a much bigger place than their backyard. For kids, even a trip to Asheville seems like it's really far away! I found a really nice book at my favorite used book store, Mr. K's and it has pictures and facts about every county in Europe that the children will be able to look through and see the castles and animals and people of those countries. I am also going to introduce the children to a few words from each country...for example the word dog in German is "hund". I may not always get the pronunciations correct, but at least they will get the differences in languages. If possible, I would also love to be able to have a snack or meal from that particular country...that is something I am considering as well! He will be in a different country each month so this is something that will be ongoing for awhile!
Our graduation will be on Thursday, May 23rd. I will let you know the exact time but it will be 6:00 or 7:00. We will have an ice cream social outside on the playground area following the graduation! It seems strange to be talking about graduation..this year has flown on by!
For graduation purposes, please let me know what school your child will be attending kindergarten.
As soon as I get info, I will be letting you know what day/time kindergarten registration is for each individual school.
Leader Calendar for the week of April 1st--April 5th
Monday: Cameron
Tuesday: Danielle
Wednesday: Jayden
Thursday: Lauren
Friday: Maddie
Reminders:
Things to keep working on at home:
Phone number and address
Drawing a person with lots of details...ears, hair, neck, shoulders, arms, hands, fingers, etc. (we work on this a lot)
Drawing shapes (we work on this a lot!)
Writing first and last name
Buttoning/Zippering pants, coats and clothes
With the exception of buttoning/zippering, your child will be asked to do those things on the pre-kindergarten assessment.
Whew! I think that's about it for now!
Have a great week!
Mrs. Wendy
the Easter Party Pics will be posted next

No comments:
Post a Comment