This week we celebrated our first birthday with Chace turning 5! Happy Birthday Chace! We also celebrated Mrs. Lovenda's perpetual 29th birthday! Our letters where Ss and Tt, the numbers where 10 and 11, our shape was a square and our sight word was "me".
We got out our passports and traveled to learn about the cultures and people of Japan. We also listened to Koto music which comes from a stringed musical instrument called a Koto. You can listen to what this type of music and instrument looks and sounds like here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L24Nb4CJzV4.
Recently I found a really fun book called "The Day The Crayons Quit" and in this book the crayons have each written a note to the little boy who uses them to color. We have read up to the white crayon who explains to the little boy he can't be seen on white paper and he just looks like a white cat in the snow. I told them Miss Jamie did some fun coloring with the kids this summer drawing pictures on black paper and coloring it in with bright colored crayons and showed them one of the pictures she had drawn withe the white crayon. Some of the kids wanted to try it out and while they didn't quite get the concept of making an outline first then coloring it in, they tried it and enjoyed using the white crayon on the black paper. :)
On Friday we did some yoga for kids, which they seemed to enjoy! This http://yogakids.com/about-yogakids is what I use in my classroom. We followed along with the dvd and they had a good time!
This week we will be working on letters Ii and Tt, numbers 8 and 9, the rectangle shape and the sight word "it". T is a repeat letter as well as 9 is a repeat number but I want to make sure they can all write it and know what it is before we move on to other letters and bigger numbers.
Thank you to Weston's dad for trying to find the source of the noises coming from under the sink! Either Mrs. Lovenda and I are losing our minds and were hearing things, or the mouse/chipmunk went away and didn't come back!
Reminders:
Unless it is your child's leader day or they are bringing in a toy for rest time, please leave toys and stuff animals at home. What typically happens is the other children want to play with it and then a battle ensues and toys get broken and lost.
Shoes worn to school need to be closed toe and with at least a strap on the back. We don't want the shoes to come off while they running on the playground nor do we want their toes hurt if something gets dropped on them.
Your child's assessment was recently sent home. If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to ask!
Leaders for the week of September 8th-September12th:
Monday: Sophie
Tuesday: Max:
Wednesday: MaryBeth
Thursday: Carver
Friday: Khloe
Have a great week!
.....Mrs. Wendy
Here are some pics from last week: (please excuse the grainy quality of the pics. The Canon camera I had has a lens sensor issue and I am using Miss Jamie's Kodak camera which I can't seem to quite get the pics the way I want! )
I think they had too much fun with the bottles of glitter! We are still finding it everywhere in the classroom and in the hallway outside our classroom! :)
Some Japanese words we "tried" to learn. ( I tried my best at spelling it phonetically so we could pronounce it correctly) :)
No comments:
Post a Comment