The sunshine is here! After a dreary start to yesterday morning, the afternoon turned out pretty nice and now the sun is shining! We had a bit of excitement at my house yesterday afternoon...two gorgeous male elk came strutting through our yard and into the neighbors yard where they proceeded to eat vines and plants! My kids and I played it safe and stood on our deck but several neighbors decided to stand on the road...not too far from the elk. I kept thinking I hope they can out run the elk if they decide to charge at them! We have lived here almost 18 years and have never seen on up on our mountain, so we where very excited to observe them safely from our deck!
Last week was a bit of a crazy week with lots of practicing for our music performance for this coming Friday night. The kids know the songs really well and enjoy singing them! They can't wait to have you come and watch them perform. Our lettuce plants are growing well...still not looking quite like lettuce but it won't be long! We did a cloud/rain experiment and watched how when a cloud gets heavy with moisture it will start to rain. The kids thought it was pretty cool. We learned about musical composer Henry Mancini, watched a short video of him and a band playing the Pink Panther song and listened to some of his music. Here is a link to the Pink Panther https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBupII3LH_Q and a link to the Mystery Movie Theme https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBPXaX-lcf8 ;
This week we will be working on letters Aa and Mm, numbers 13 and 14, the rhombus shape and the sight word "come". We will also be using our passports and learning about Ireland and on Tuesday we will be making Irish Potatoes and having them with our snack. http://allrecipes.com/recipe/irish-potato-candy/ We will not be using the coconut as I can't imagine many kids will like eating it. My great, great grandparents on my dad's side immigrated from County Cork Ireland, went through Ellis Island and ended up in the coal mines of Pennsylvania. Later they went down into New Jersey and started new lives. Although I am half Irish, I seem to have no Irish luck! :)
Please join me in welcoming Riley to our classroom. She started on Wednesday and is now part of our classroom! The girls are happy to have another girl in our room!
Upcoming Events:
Picture Day Monday and Tuesday:
Monday the 16th: Khloe, Tanner, Allie, Max, Brannon, Weston
Tuesday the 17th; Andrew, Mary Beth, Sophia, Chace, Carver, Riley
Art Show/Spaghetti Dinner/Music Performance:
Friday evening...please drop off your child in the classroom at 6:30 so we can get them ready to perform. Have your child wear a green or purple shirt and jeans.
Leader Days:
Monday: Khloe
Tuesday:
Wednesday:
Thursday:
Friday:
(I brought home the wrong lesson plan paper and could only remember Monday. The names are on the board in the classroom and I will email out a list of Tues-Friday on Monday evening.)
Have a great week!
Mrs. Wendy
some pics from last week:


No comments:
Post a Comment