On Friday, our oldest son graduated from UNC Charlotte with a Masters Degree in Computers and Informatics! Moving 10 people around Charlotte was a task, to say the least, especially considering we where all in different hotels spread out across the city, but somehow we made it work...with some grumbling here and there! On Saturday we took the opportunity to enjoy the day and head to the Daniel Stowe Botanical Gardens near the SC border...we had to cross Lake Wylie, which was absolutely beautiful. They had a lot of activities going on for Mother's Day weekend including artists from Zimbabwe who where there creating sculptures from different types of stones. Here is a link to their website...zimsculpt.com/exhibitions/ I bought a bunch of egg shaped stones made from different types of stones. The woman who runs the exhibit gave me an extra one since I was going to be sharing them with our classroom! :) I have to figure out the names of each stone but I do know one of them is Rose Quartz and she told me that one is for energy...I think I need to wear it around my neck all day! :)
This week we are going to be learning about the artist Jackson Pollock and learning about France! We will also have Tablet Tuesday, Chapel in the Sanctuary with Pastor Laura and Flashlight Friday. If you haven't already brought in a plain white t-shirt for tie dyeing, please bring it in a.s.a.p as we will be starting to make them this week!
Reminders:
Graduation: May 22nd at 10 a/m in the Sanctuary. A reception will follow in the Venue down the hall from the Sanctuary. Your child may stay the rest of the day with us or you may choose to take your child home with you.
May 25th and 26th: We will be closed in observation of Memorial Day and a teacher workday.
May 27th: We re-open for our summer session for business as usual! :)
Leaders for the week of May 11th-15th:
Monday: Sophie
Tuesday: Max
Wednesday: Riley
Thursday: Chace
Friday: Carver
Have a great week!
Mrs. Wendy
I have a few pics from graduation to share with you!
High School, Associates Degree and Bachelors Degree :)
The Masters Degree Hood
My in-laws with my kids
Graduation!
The Doctorate and Masters Degree Candidates for Graduation are standing up
My mom and dad
My kids and my parents outside Bobby's apartment
the graduates where confused whether the green or yellow part of the hood was to be shown...I have pictures of both, just in case!
Daniel Stowe Botanical Garden
some of the pictures are sideways...sorry!
My husband and Bobby
One of the sculptors from Zimbabwe
Nathan loves animals
I love the expression and hands on this sculpture!










No comments:
Post a Comment