Sunday, January 24, 2016

January 24, 2016

There is a picture going around on Facebook with the caption "winter has arrived. All of it. In one day"  And it is right! Winter did arrive for us all in one weekend. Many of us  have been saying "I wish we could have just one big storm and be snowed in and then it can go away.". Well, some of us got our wish! This digging out and shoveling thing is not all that fun, though! It took us forever to clean off two of the cars in our driveway and we still have 2 more to go. Hopefully the temperature will warm up above freezing today so things can start to defrost and melt. :)  I think most of us are probably getting cabin fever! The neighborhood birds have been having a block party at my house...enjoying all the nut and berry bird seed I have put out for them! I shoveled a path for our dog to go potty and instead she decided that wasn't good enough and went off the path into the deep snow up to her armpits to find that perfect place to potty. Good thing I have some good snow boots! :) Our Golden Retrievers loved the snow and would romp and roll in it and then eventually lay down and make a bed in the snow. Never could understand that, but they where happy!

This past week was a bust so we are going to try it all over again this week! :)  We will be studying New Zealand and I have some fun crafts for the kids to make and wear!  Everything will be the same as last week except for the leaders and they will be:


Monday:       Jacob

Tuesday:       Caroline

Wednesday:   Georgia

Thursday:      Brandon

Friday:           Brenna


I want to thank a long time good friend Teresa for helping me get to school in her Hummer on Wednesday morning, and my son Michael for getting me there on Thursday (and to the grocery store while he patiently waited) and Lovenda's husband, Steve for bringing my home on Wednesday and Thursday. Without them I wouldn't have seen the light of day most of last week! Lovenda has told me my road is like a Bobsled Run and I never have really thought of it that way, but she is right. Once you start down, it's on...it's straight down with a curve here and there and you don't stop until you get to the bottom...a mile down from my house. I love where I live...on the north facing shady side of the mountain. It's cooler in the summers and it's peaceful and quiet. We have lived here since May of 1997 and moved in when Jamie was 15 months old. Back then neighbors told us to stock up two weeks worth of supplies and non-perishable food in case of snow. I took their advice and it has come in handy plenty of times! With this snow this weekend, I haven't seen anyone attempting to be on the road...not even the 4-wheel drive trucks that like to get out and play in the snow. It's been quiet as a mouse around here!

I hope to see all of you soon...I know we are all getting cabin fever and I really just want to get back to the classroom and have some fun!

Have a great week!

Mrs. Wendy


I don't have any pictures of the kids, but I have some cute bird pictures!




 White-Breasted Nuthatch
 Pine Siskin...they tend to come in large groups look similar to a Goldfinch in winter
 Black-Capped Chickadee



 This was Wednesday afternoon. Thankfully the people in the car where fine and the neighbor with the truck was able to pull the car out. It is now parked in his driveway waiting for a tow truck.

 Red-Bellied woodpecker


No comments:

Post a Comment