Sunday, April 17, 2016

April 17, 2016

This weekend has been so pretty! I think spring has decided to come back! I love when I can open the doors and windows and let in a good breeze to air out winter from the house...it's not so good for my allergies, but I love the sunshine and fresh air! It looks like this week is going to be warm and sunny most of the week which means we will be outside a lot!

On Saturday I attended a conference for Week Of The Young Child at Blue Ridge Community College. They where giving away door prizes and since I am one those people who never seem to win anything I sat and listened to all the prizes being given away and then the announcer said she was going to give away the last door prize of the morning session and it was valued at over $400....and then she called my name. I think I sat there in shock, not wanting to get out of my seat in case she really didn't call my name but the people with me told me to get up and go get my prize! It is a light cube and sensory table that goes on top and it's from Kaplan. I have wanted a light table for a long time and think they look like so much fun. I am still in shock that I actually won something and even better that I won a really cool light table! It is going to be a one-person at a time use until we can all learn how to use it and what to do with it, including myself! It came in some good size boxes and I am bringing them in for the kids to use outside this week. I am curious to see what their imaginations will take them with a box in hand!

One of my workshops I attended was on loose parts for inside and outside of the classroom. It was given by the director and asst director of the Verner Center for Early Learning, the center I toured the last of March. This is also the center I am working on getting a field trip together for us to go hiking on their campus which is on the campus of Warren Wilson College.

This past week we started studying France and learned how to say Bonjour to our friends when we greet them, we learned about the Louvre, a big museum in Paris and painted a picture in the style of Georges Seurat called Pointillism. The kids sketched out their drawings then dipped the eraser of pencils into paint to make dots on the paper in their drawings. They are hanging on the wall above the writing center and they look fabulous!

This week is going to be music practice every day in the mornings up in the Sanctuary which means I am not planning on anything except playing inside, morning snack and playing outside. We will still do a short morning circle time so the leader can share their show and tell but I am not planning on trying to get anything major accomplished this week.

Please make sure  your child has on clothes for going outside and getting dirty. With the weather warming up, we will be outside more and we will be playing in the dirt and on the playground. These kids love to be outside and digging in the dirt!

Upcoming Events:

Tuesday, April 19th:   Raising A Reader parent meeting at 5:00 in the Fellowship Hall

Friday, April 22nd:       Spaghetti Dinner, Art Show/Auction and Music program  



Leaders for the week of April 18-22:

Monday:       Trenten

Tuesday:        Haleigh

Wednesday:    Charlie

Thursday:       Jacob

Friday:           Brenna

Have a great week!

Mrs. Wendy

No comments:

Post a Comment