Saturday, April 30, 2016

April 30, 2016

I hope everyone is having a great weekend! I wanted to get one last post in before May showed up! :) This coming Tuesday, May 30th is mine and my husband's 30th anniversary. Where 30 years has gone is beyond me! We have lived in 4 different states and New Zealand and during those times we moved 7 times and at times traveling for days at a time and lived in hotels in between moves while trying to find a place to live (didn't get much warning on when he was being moved to a new casino) and finally made NC our home in 1997. We said no more moving! I wouldn't change all that for anything. We where able to see so much of this beautiful country we live in and got to meet so many wonderful people. Out of all the places we lived I personally Arizona the best...the Grand Canyon, the Painted Desert, the Petrified Forest, Sedona, Flagstaff, Scottsdale, the huge Saguaro Cactus and being able to walk to the park in January and not freeze! From our kitchen window I could wash dishes and watch the planes line up for landing at the Phoenix Airport and we where within walking distance to our oldest son's elementary school. After all those moves I consider myself to be an expert on packing up a house while taking care kids! 30 years has taught us a lot about life and ourselves and the one piece of advice I could give to you is always make time for yourself and as a couple. It's so easy to get caught up in the day to day life of getting kids out the door, off to soccer or baseball, making dinner, cleaning the house and being exhausted every day and every night and it's easy to forget to make time as a couple and time for yourself to have dinner with friends or walk around the lake. Don't forget to be a couple and just yourself as well as being a family! :)

This past week we had so much fun playing outside! The weather has been gorgeous and my goal for each day from here on out is to go out around 8:30 and play for awhile then come in and have snack then go back out again before our playground time is up! I added some loose parts to their outside play and they had a blast using all the different pieces! I also found some more cardboard and they had so much fun trying to slide down the hill then realizing they needed someone to pull them down and I think they wore themselves out!  Some of the skills they worked on during their outside play this week where: teamwork, critical thinking, risk taking, problem solving, literacy skills, math skills and fine/gross motor skills. It's easy to think "it's just a cardboard box and some dirt" but the skills they learn and practice outside playing are critical to their development and they are having so much fun! :)  I borrowed some magna tiles from another teacher for the kids to use with the light table and they have built some amazing buildings and creations!

This week we have a project to work on for Mother's Day (it's top secret) and will be playing outside! If you have any loose parts saved up and can bring them, please do so! While digging in the hallway closet for our real tea pots and real tea cups, I found two plastic boxes perfect for taking stuff outside for play!

Now that our warmer weather and stronger sunshine is upon us, please apply sunscreen to your child before bringing them to school. We will re-apply for afternoon outside play

Please have your child wear closed toe/closed heel sandals or tennis shoes to school. We don't want stubbed toes and want them to run and play safely! 

Upcoming Events: 

Friday, May 6th:   Mother's Day Tea Party in the large Sunday School room down the hallway from our classroom. The children will have gifts for you and we will be serving some delicious food!

Friday May 13th:  I will be out for an appt. Judy K will be subbing

Monday May 23rd:   Tentative field trip to the NC Arboretum....leaving at 8:45 and returning approx 2:15

Monday June 6th:   I will be coming back from Charlotte after celebrating mine and Bobby's birthday weekend! Judy K will sub

Friday June 10th:   Graduation 10:00 a/m in the Sanctuary. Please be in our classroom by 9:30 to help get your child's cap/gown on and then head up to the Sanctuary for our slide show! Bring tissues!

Monday June 13th:   I will be out and Jenny West will be covering me.


Leaders For The Week Of May 2-6: 

Monday:         Charlie

Tuesday:         Jacob

Wednesday:    Brenna

Thursday:       Brandon

Friday:            Trenten


Have a wonderful week!

Mrs. Wendy


some pics from last week:




































No comments:

Post a Comment