Sunday, September 25, 2016

September 25, 2016

It's fall! I love these cool mountain mornings! I sat out on my deck and watched the crows and the hawk chase each other around and saw the squirrels eating buckeyes and burying some in the yard. It's moments like this that I really appreciate...time to sit quietly and appreciate the nature around me and living in this beautiful part of our country.

Please keep my husband and the I.T. team from MSA Safety Company in your prayers as they are now in Bogota Columbia for two weeks. They landed safely last night and arrived at the hotel around midnight. They have off today but will be working 12 hours days until after the project goes live which will be sometime after next weekend.

Also please keep our oldest son Bobby (and the city of Charlotte) in your prayers. He worked from home for two days last week as a safety precaution as the protests where going on near the government office where he works in Uptown Charlotte. The Walmart near the big Ikea store was vandalized and looted and the campus of UNC Charlotte was put on lock down...these places are about 5 miles from his house.

Our 2nd son has moved back home until he and his fiance can find a more suitable place to live and to save money for their upcoming wedding and to save money to buy a house. Please keep me in your prayers as I now have 3 of my 4 kids living at my house! :)  Michael will be good to have around as he is the one who cleans the gutters, takes the trash to the dump, rakes leaves and shovels snow, so I think I will keep him around for awhile!


As for our classroom, we wrapped up our study on Japan by having our Japanese Tea Ceremony with our green tea, pocky sticks and fortune cookies! We also made our own character writings and made our carp fish kites. The kites will be coming home, but the writings are on the classroom walls :)

The kids have been really enjoying the small groups even more than I thought they would! We have three groups and rotate every 10 minutes and during small group we have a literacy/phonics/phonemic awareness activity, math and the third one is changeable...science, art, etc. I am really pleased with how well the kids participate and want to join in the activities!

The next two weeks we will be studying fall and anything to do with fall. If you have any gourds, acorns, small pumpkins, etc that you would like to share with the class, we would appreciate it!


We will be having a Halloween Party, hopefully on Monday, October 31. I am trying to reserve the Fellowship Hall for that date. If I can't get that date, we will try for another date around that time. The kids can wear their costumes and we will have games and activities set up. I will be needing parent volunteers to help that day...from about 9-11. When I get the date reserved I will send out more details! :)

I want to say again how wonderful Grandpa Jack is in our classroom! The kids love playing and talking with him and he is a great asset to the kids and our classroom! 

  • Picture Days are this Thursday and Friday...paperwork went home on Friday with info. Listed below is your child's picture day: 

Thurs:

Claire Lees
Huck
Lauren

The rest of you are on Friday. If your child has a younger sibling in our school, your child's picture day will be on the same day as that child. (Vincent, Josh and Dakota)


Leaders For The Week Of September 26-30th: 

Monday:        Josh

Tuesday:        Nathan

Wednesday:   Isabella

Thursday:      Vincent

Friday:           McKinley


Have a great week!

Mrs. Wendy

pics from last week:























































No comments:

Post a Comment