Sunday, October 2, 2016

October 2, 2016

Another beautiful weekend is upon us!  I hope they stay like this for a long time! My son is all moved back in and in the mornings I have begun smelling this horrible smell and then I remembered the smell is reminiscent of his high school football days and his cleats smelled so bad I thought I would pass out! Apparently his shoes still smell the same way and I need to figure out how to keep the smell from wafting throughout the house.

The youngest son, Nathan was angry when I picked him up from work on Friday night and he was saying how a bunch of juniors and seniors from the high school came in to Kmart and where messing up displays, riding bikes in the store and riding shopping carts all over the parking lot and then they left and he had to clean up after them. He said I don't know why they think it's okay to come in here and mess everything up and be disrespectful to all of us. I felt bad that he had to witness this first hand but on the other hand I was pleased that he recognized this as some really bad behavior from kids old enough to know better. My kids are not perfect but I know they are respectful to others and know how to act in public. And if they are not, please let me know!

My husband has 5 more days in Bogota. So far nothing bad has happened but the car rides to/from the plant each day are taking two hours each way with traffic and the days are long. He is ready to get back to the US. 

The protesting in Charlotte seems to have calmed down and/or gone away. The oldest son is able to get to work with no problem and life is going on as usual, thankfully, for everyone! 

Our annual K-Prep Halloween party will be on Monday, October 31st starting at 9:00 in the Fellowship Hall!!! I need lots of parent/grandparent volunteers to work the games, hand out candy, help prepare the snacks, serve the snacks and set-up. The kids can wear their costumes as well as the parents/grandparents! We will have a bunch of games, snacks, a craft table and if any of you know how to face paint, that would be awesome as well! The kids loved that last year!

I will start a food list of things we need and I also need each family to bring a bag or two of candy that we can hand out to the kids at each game.

Please let me know a.s.a.p if you will be able to come help out! The snack prep will be needed from 8:30-9:00 and the games and such will be from 9-11.

If you have any games you would like to add or want to do with the kids, please let me know...the more the merrier!

This week we are continuing our study on fall with making prints on paper with apples, creating a fall tree, reading stories about fall and discussing the weather changes in the fall season.


  • We will be closed on Thursday, October 13th for teacher training

Leaders For The Week of October  3-7: 

Monday:        Dakota

Tuesday:       Claire Lees

Wednesday:  Lane

Thursday:      Erin

Friday:          Maddox



Have a great week!

Mrs. Wendy

Pics from last week:

























































No comments:

Post a Comment