It definitely feels and looks like fall! Some of my trees are turning color and I noticed a lot of them along the roads and highways that are starting to turn as well...they are beautiful!
This past week we where busying studying about fall and making some fall crafts. We also learned a lot in our small groups like the sound letter S makes and some words that starts with S, one to one correspondence, grabbing insects with tweezers, using dominoes to count, matching the same color pom-poms to a rainbow and more. We typically do a literacy group, math group and the third one changes...fine motor skills, art, science, etc.
This week we will be continue our study on fall and will be including Halloween. The kids are already talking about their costume and how excited they are for trick or treating!
Our party will be on Monday, October 31st. I will have a food sign-up sheet in the classroom tomorrow. I also need each family to bring in a bag or two of wrapped candy that we will use at our games to hand out to each child. I have several volunteers but will need more....grandparents, aunts, uncles are welcome to help out as well. Last year I had several grandparents take a craft table and make a take home craft. If you have any grandparents or anyone that would be interested in doing that, please let me know. I already have the craft things, I just need a person or two to sit at the tables and pass out supplies. The children can wear their costume and need to bring something to put their candy in...something they would carry around while trick or treating.
This week is Spirit Week...here is a list of what is going on each day:
Monday: Crazy Hair Day
Tuesday: Pajama Day
Wednesday: Super Hero Day
Thursday: Closed
Friday: Pisgah/Tuscola Game...support your favorite team!
- We will be closed this Thursday, October 13th for a teacher training workday
Leaders For The Week of October 10-14:
Monday: Courtney
Tuesday: Ava
Wednesday: Hayden
Thursday: Closed
Friday: Lucas
Have a wonderful week!
Mrs. Wendy
some pictures from last week:
No comments:
Post a Comment