Miss Reece was with us several days this past week and the kids really liked her subbing in in the classroom! For those of you who don't know her, she is Mrs. Penny's granddaughter and one of our subs for the school. When it snows I am unable to get off my mountain in Maggie Valley and it usually takes several days for the main road off the mountain to clear. We live on a north facing slope and get only a few hours of sun on the road each day. In the summer time it is much cooler up here and I love the shade, but when it snows, it becomes a problem for all our residents in our association. Just know that when we get snow again, more than likely I will not be at school and I will be at home hibernating like a bear!
This past week we worked in our writing journals, practiced our cutting skills, painted. glued, colored, used Ten Frames to add, wrote our names, matched letters to pictures that start with each letter sound, built fabulous buildings in the block center, had a dance party to a Kool and the Gang CD (I am showing my age here) and had tons of fun with our new marble run tracks which was given to us by Courtney and her family. (Thank you!)
- We will be closed tomorrow, Monday, January 16, 2017 in observance of Martin Luther King Day.
- Please remember to have a complete change of clothes for you child in their cubby
- Unless it is your child's leader day, please leave toys at home.
Leaders For The Week of January 16-20:
Monday: Closed
Tuesday: Claire Lees
Wednesday: Lucas
Thursday:; Nathan
Friday: McKinley
Have a wonderful week!
Mrs, Wendy
pics from last week...
No comments:
Post a Comment