Tuesday, January 10, 2012

January 10, 2012

I can't believe it's only Tuesday...Mrs. Jennifer and I kept thinking it was already later in the week! Today was busy, busy...some of the kids were able to finish up the polar bear crafts and painted silver glitter on snowflakes to hang on our classroom door. We made oobelik, which is basically cornstarch and water. The cornstarch turns to a liquid, but when you push it around, it becomes a solid again until you stop moving it and which point it turns back to a liquid. It makes a mess, but clean up is easy an washes right of clothes.

I saw this wonderful quote today on a preschool blog:

 "I thought parenting was going to portray my strengths, never realizing that God had ordained it to reveal my weaknesses." -Dave Harvey

Some pics from today:



Putting "fur" on the polar bear






matching and completing patterns using people



feeling the cornstarch...they said it was soft




added some water and mixed it around


we made Oobelik! 


Jayden wasn't so sure if she liked it on her hands!


Sawyer and Seamus dug in and got their hands dirty!




Push it together and it becomes a solid...


Pick up your hands and it becomes a liquid!



coffee filter snowflakes w/silver glitter

No comments:

Post a Comment