It feels like spring might have finally arrived! After a few gloomy, cold and rainy days the weather has warmed up and become sunny again! Last week was a crazy week but in a good crazy way! We had a good time hanging out in Mrs. Kathy's room and playing with her kids and her toys. My daugher has been working at our center for two months now and she helped us a lot and spent some time with the kids as well. On Monday Danielle's mom brought in a bunch of eggs for the kids to find and they had a blast running around looking for the eggs! Despite many children being absent most of the week, we still continued with our academics. These kids are getting to be such pros! They have made great improvements in their letter formations/recognition, drawing shapes and being able to make a picture out of that shape and drawing people with lots of details. They are also really interested in spelling and writing more challenging words! I am really proud of them!
This week we will be starting our letters back with Aa, and Bb, numbers 64 and 65, the rectangle shape and the word "find". Our Bible verse will be Matthew 6:14 "If you forgive those who sin against you, your heavenly Father will forgive you." We will be creating a rainy day picture with puffy paint that will be used to make puffy clouds. I have never mixed up the ingredients that make the puffy paint so this will be a new experience for me as well! This week I am also going to start introducing the kids to Germany and Europe as a whole. My husband mailed us a postcard yesterday so it will be interesting to see how long it takes to reach us. When we lived in New Zealand it took about two weeks to get letters and cards to my parents in New Jersey. Tomorrow my husband leaves for Zurich Switzerland then on to France and back to Germany and then back to the US...all by this coming Friday. He isn't getting any younger, I hope he can keep up this pace! As far as he knows he will be in the US until mid May when he will go to France and Italy. I am hoping by the time they send him to Spain he will have enough frequent flyer miles to take me along, but then again, my passport is expired so for now I guess it's wishful thinking!
I can't believe next month these kids will be graduating! This year has gone by so fast and I have truly enjoyed them every single day! They are all so sweet and make me laugh! I hope they have enjoyed our tiny classroom as much as I have!
Leader Day for the week of April 8th-12th:
Monday: Cameron
Tuesday: Maddie
Wednesday: Marin
Thursday: Alex
Friday: Ayden
Reminders:
Graduation will be held on Thursday, May 23rd at 6:00 p/m. Following graduation we will be having an ice cream social outside on the play area.
Please let me know what elementary school your child will be attending for kindergarten. We announce it during graduation, so please let me know a.s.a.p!
The weather will be warmer this week but please make sure your child still brings a coat or hoodie to school. When we go outside in the morning it might still be cool or when the sun goes behind the church in the afternoons, it gets cooler outside.
Things to keep working on at home:
Recognizing first/last name
Writing first/last name
Knowing address/phone number
Drawing basic shapes
Drawing a person with complete details
These are things your child will be asked during their assessment prior to starting kindergarten. While we work on these just about daily at school, working on them at home reinforces what they learned in school.
This week we will be starting our letters back with Aa, and Bb, numbers 64 and 65, the rectangle shape and the word "find". Our Bible verse will be Matthew 6:14 "If you forgive those who sin against you, your heavenly Father will forgive you." We will be creating a rainy day picture with puffy paint that will be used to make puffy clouds. I have never mixed up the ingredients that make the puffy paint so this will be a new experience for me as well! This week I am also going to start introducing the kids to Germany and Europe as a whole. My husband mailed us a postcard yesterday so it will be interesting to see how long it takes to reach us. When we lived in New Zealand it took about two weeks to get letters and cards to my parents in New Jersey. Tomorrow my husband leaves for Zurich Switzerland then on to France and back to Germany and then back to the US...all by this coming Friday. He isn't getting any younger, I hope he can keep up this pace! As far as he knows he will be in the US until mid May when he will go to France and Italy. I am hoping by the time they send him to Spain he will have enough frequent flyer miles to take me along, but then again, my passport is expired so for now I guess it's wishful thinking!
I can't believe next month these kids will be graduating! This year has gone by so fast and I have truly enjoyed them every single day! They are all so sweet and make me laugh! I hope they have enjoyed our tiny classroom as much as I have!
Leader Day for the week of April 8th-12th:
Monday: Cameron
Tuesday: Maddie
Wednesday: Marin
Thursday: Alex
Friday: Ayden
Reminders:
Graduation will be held on Thursday, May 23rd at 6:00 p/m. Following graduation we will be having an ice cream social outside on the play area.
Please let me know what elementary school your child will be attending for kindergarten. We announce it during graduation, so please let me know a.s.a.p!
The weather will be warmer this week but please make sure your child still brings a coat or hoodie to school. When we go outside in the morning it might still be cool or when the sun goes behind the church in the afternoons, it gets cooler outside.
Things to keep working on at home:
Recognizing first/last name
Writing first/last name
Knowing address/phone number
Drawing basic shapes
Drawing a person with complete details
These are things your child will be asked during their assessment prior to starting kindergarten. While we work on these just about daily at school, working on them at home reinforces what they learned in school.

No comments:
Post a Comment