Sunday, September 22, 2013

September 22, 2013

It's finally fall! It's my favorite time of year with the leaves changing colors and the days getting cooler and I once again I can get out my hoodies! I would live in a hoodie if I could!

Last week we worked on letters Ii and Jj, numbers 19 and 20, the diamond shape and the sight word "it". We created out beautiful apple trees, learned some Italian words and did some graphing and patterns. My husband landed back in Pittsburgh Friday afternoon but his luggage missed the plane and was still in Europe. It was supposed to be back in the country yesterday and his company was going to have it delivered to him by last night but he still doesn't have his clothes and of right now they are in France....he might need to go shopping for some work clothes today! I promised the kids I would tell you about Google Translator so they can hear the pronunciation of the Italian words we learned..  http://translate.google.com/#en/it/   You type a word and it will translate to Italian and if  you click on the speaker thing you can hear how it sounds! If you can, type in house...that one is a mouthful to say!

This week we are going to be working on letters Kk, Ll, numbers 21 and 22, the trapezoid shape and the sight word "if". Our Bible focus this week will be Romans 8:28 "God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God".  We are also going to be making our own apple pie recipes and making a cute art project to go along with the recipe. These were so cute last year I had to do them again this year! We will be discussing the changing of the seasons, listening to stories, matching numbers and letters, tracing letters in sand, tracing shapes and numbers and enjoying lots of time to play with friends.

Our class will be taking a walk across the street to visit the fire station and hopefully the Post Office as well (but on different days). Lovenda and I and a few other classes are working on what day (s) we have for It's finally fall! It's my favorite time of year with the leaves changing colors and the days getting cooler and I once again I can get out my hoodies! I would live in a hoodie if I could!

Last week we worked on letters Ii and Jj, numbers 19 and 20, the diamond shape and the sight word "it". We created out beautiful apple trees, learned some Italian words and did some graphing and patterns. My husband landed back in Pittsburgh Friday afternoon but his luggage missed the plane and was still in Europe. It was supposed to be back in the country yesterday and his company was going to have it delivered to him by last night but he still doesn't have his clothes and of right now they are in France....he might need to go shopping for some work clothes today! I promised the kids I would tell you about Google Translator so they can hear the pronunciation of the Italian words we learned..  http://translate.google.com/#en/it/   You type a word and it will translate to Italian and if  you click on the speaker thing you can hear how it sounds! If you can, type in house...that one is a mouthful to say!

This week we are going to be working on letters Kk, Ll, numbers 21 and 22, the trapezoid shape and the sight word "if". Our Bible focus this week will be Romans 8:28 "God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God".  We are also going to be making our own apple pie recipes and making a cute art project to go along with the recipe. These were so cute last year I had to do them again this year! We will be discussing the changing of the seasons, listening to stories, matching numbers and letters, tracing letters in sand, tracing shapes and numbers and enjoying lots of time to play with friends.

Our class will be taking a walk across the street to visit the fire station and hopefully the Post Office as well (but on different days). Lovendaand I and a few other classes are working on what day (s) we
options to visit and when those dates get firmed up, I will let you know. I will also be sending home a field trip permission form that gives our center permission to take the children out of the fenced in areas and off the property of our center. If our date falls on a day your child does not attend, you are welcome to bring your child (or have a grandparent/aunt/uncle) to the Fire Station and Post Office. If you would like to come with us, are you welcome to do so as well!

Picture Day is Thursday, October 3rd and Friday, October 4th.

Here are the dates for your child:

 
October 3         October 4
    Jason                  Grant
   Bryson                 Lila
   Ella                    Cole
   Logan                  Dara  
   Dylan                  Autumn    
   Griffin
(I may have Griffin on the wrong date?) Just let me know!



Leaders for the week of September 23-September 27:

Monday:        Dara
Tuesday:        Lila
Wednesday:   Ella
Thursday:      Logan
Friday:          Autumn


Have a great week!

.................Mrs. Wendy

Here are some pics from last week:

Our 21 yr old son needed tires badly and while he has been saving money, he is also saving money for his college tuition and gas to get back and forth to work, so my husband and I bought them for him. Apparently he is enjoying them because this is what I saw in our driveway this morning...he had been out "mudding" in them already! Sigh...boys and their toys! This is what you have to look forward to when your kids get to be teens/adults! :) 























































 Dog=Cane which is pronounced like Con-ne'
























No comments:

Post a Comment