What a beautiful week with no rain! I almost forgot what it was like to be able to go out and play every day! My desktop computer has decided it doesn't want to work but luckily I have my back up laptop to be able to do the newsletter and blog! My oldest son says I need a new motherboard, new processor and a new optical drive and if I buy it he will replace it all for me...maybe he could just buy it for me too? :) My husband leaves tomorrow for Milan, Italy and I will get to live vicariously through him. I explained to him that Milan is the fashion capital of the world and he wasn't too impressed! I told him that means he needs to bring me back some clothes from Milan! I guess all I will get to see of Italy is what I can see on Skype through his hotel window...
We have all settled into our routine and are having a great time. We are still working on walking up and down the hallway with our hands to ourselves and using walking feet, and we continue to work on tattling, which is age appropriate for these kids and I am trying to steer them towards that 11:00 time when they can tattle, unless of course, they are being hurt or someone else is being hurt. Bit by bit they are catching on!
This past week we worked on letters Ee, Ff, numbers 15 and 16, the rectangle shape and the sight word "me". As typical with any age child, the they are writing at their own ability level, which varies from child to child. All I expect from the kids is that they try. Most mornings I have my assistant with me during my second circle time to help those that need that little extra help and encouragement to try. They really seem to enjoy using the white boards and practicing writing their numbers and letters, etc, and they think using the socks to wipe off their boards is fun!
This coming week we will be working on numbers Gg, Hh, numbers 17 and 18, the circle shape and the sight word "on". We will also be working on patterns, words that start with the Gg and Hh sound, counting by tens to 100, creating the letters Gg, Hh with play doh, sorting by color and size, using letter tiles to make sight words, tracing letters in the sand tray, reading and discussing books, listening to some classical and big band music and this week we will start our passports and learn about Italy! When the kids get the fall pictures taken and I get back those little tiny pictures they give to the teachers, I am going to use those little pictures for their passport pic! At the end of the school year they will be bringing their passport home and hopefully will have learned a little bit more of the world around them, like I have. When my husband went to Germany, I learned that one of the big castles there was used for the model for Cinderella's Castle at Disney World!
Leader Calendar for the week of September 9th-September 13th:
Monday: Dara
Tuesday: Ella
Wednesday: Lila
Thursday: Logan
Friday: Dylan
Reminders:
Starting this week we will be combining for morning snack and lunch with the other K-Prep classroom in the double Sunday School room in the hallway leading towards the Fellowship Hall. (if you come in the double doors by our classrooms, turn left and go down the hallway)
Snack will be served close to 9:15 in the morning and lunch will be served between 11:45 and 12:00. If you pick up your child after lunch, we will be done with lunch by 12:30.
There will be days when we will have a floating assistant (Mrs. Judy....who most of the kids already know and love!) to help out both Mrs. Lovenda and I, but to keep things consistent, we will continue the meals in the Sunday School room until a certified teacher is found to replace Mrs. Paige.
Please remember to check your email frequently as I tend to email a lot to communicate information to my parents.
Please feel free to email me at wbg65@aol.com anytime with questions or concerns. You may also contact our interim director, Gail Mattingly, at 452-7574 between the hours of 8:30-4:30
Have a great week!
Mrs. Wendy
No comments:
Post a Comment