Sunday, March 30, 2014

March 30, 2014

Did anyone else wake up to snow this morning? This weather is crazy...warm one day and snow the next!

Last week was a bit crazy with the snow. I was "stuck on the mountain" as Grant so nicely put it, and I came in late on Tuesday and not all on Wednesday. Friday we spent time getting all our beautiful art work ready for the art show so I think we will spend this week on the same lesson plans as last week.

On Monday and Tuesday I will be at school but I will be upstairs outside the sanctuary helping with the art show until 9:00/9:30. Ms. Judy will be taking the kids for me until I get back downstairs to our classroom.

Our Spider plant and Aloe Vera plants have been growing a lot and now we have added sunflower plants. We first planted them in a little tiny greenhouse and they quickly sprouted and were pushing the roof off the greenhouse. I took them home and transplanted them into a bigger container and seem to be doing well (fingers crossed!).  I am bringing in some daisy seeds and we will be planting them as well. The kids really seem to enjoy planting seeds and watching them grow!

We have learned to recognize the purple finch, sparrow and wren that comes to our bird feeder. They are a lot smaller than the mockingbird and all three have a lot of brown on them which makes it difficult for the kids to recognize which one is which, but they have learned who is who.

On Friday we did some color mixing. I gave them four cups of different colors of water and a cup of plain water and let them put drops of color into their own cup to see what colors they can produce. They seemed to have a lot of fun with this activity!


Upcoming Events: 

Art Show:  Monday and Tuesday
                 
                  Outside of the Sanctuary (upstairs in the main bldg)

                   7:30 to 9:30

                 12:30 to 1:30

                   3:30 to 5:30

The kids are really excited about the art show and can't wait to see it!  I will take the kids as a group to see the show but please feel free to go at a time when you can take your child with you so they can show off their beautiful art to you.


Leader Day for the week of March 31st to April 4th:

Monday:       Ella

Tuesday:       Autumn

Wednesday:  Jack

Thursday:     Jason

Friday:          Dylan


Have a great week!

Mrs. Wendy

My camera is still working strangely, so please excuse the lack of pictures and the way they are positioned.  

some pics from last week:

























No comments:

Post a Comment