I hope everyone has had a wonderful weekend! I went to Mr. K's used book store in Asheville and got a big book of science experiments and a few story books. Some of the experiments are geared to older kids and require materials we can't use or require a science lab, but I know we will be able to find some we can use!
This week we are going to be working on getting ready for our Thanksgiving Feast which will be on Monday, November 24th. We will be working on letters Aa and Xx, number 19 and 20, the sight word "saw" and the hexagon shape. Last week I tried a trapezoid shape with them, just for fun, and they did amazingly well drawing it on the white boards!
As soon as possible, please bring in an over sized plain white t-shirt for us to cut out fringe on the bottom and have the kids color on to wear as our Pilgrim outfits for the feast.
I will be getting out info to you soon regarding an upcoming project our classroom will be working for Christmas in coordination with the Open Door. As we have been talking about being thankful, we have had conversations about families and adults that don't have a house of their own and don't have a kitchen of their own to cook a meal. We are wanting to take the kids shopping at Wal-Mart and let them pick out things for some kids. We will wrap them in our classroom and then take the kids to the Open Door to deliver the gifts and to see where people who have no home go to eat. Mrs. Gail and I are working out the details with the Open Door and I will be talking with the manager of Wal-Mart to see what would be a good time to bring the kids. A permission slip will go home with your child that would allow us to drive the church van (with your child's car seat/booster seat) to/from Wal-Mart and the Open Door. This is still being finalized and I will let you know when the details are wrapped up. We will be accepting monetary donations to use to take the kids shopping.
If you are wondering what to get your child for Christmas (although I am sure they already have a list a mile long!), they really love the kinetic sand in our classroom. Michael's has a kit that contains the sand and a box and a few shovels, cups, etc to get them started. I have two boxes of sand in the box in our classroom and that box is a little bigger than the one they are selling in Michael's.
As of now, I will probably be out on Tuesday, November 11th. I have to finish the things I took off for last Monday but due to Murphy's Law, I couldn't get everything done. Mrs. Judy will be subbing.
Leaders For The Week Of November 10th-November 14th:
Monday: Mary Beth
Tuesday: Max
Wednesday: Tanner
Thursday: Chace
Friday: Weston
Upcoming Events:
Thanksgiving Feast: November 24th at 12:10 p/m. Please return the green form a.s.a.p letting us know if you will be able to attend. This year we are requesting only two adults accompany each child.
Christmas Project: Finalized details to be sent home soon
Have a great week!
Mrs. Wendy
pics from last week:
No comments:
Post a Comment