Thank you to everyone for getting your paperwork back so quickly and for getting your email address to me!
This past week we worked on the letter Aa, number 5, the sight word at and the circle shape. The kids had opportunities every day to practice writing all those things plus writing their names and using the circle to create a picture. We had a lot of monster trucks being drawn, some faces and some ice cream cones! On Monday we listened to some Mel Torme music, on Tuesday the kids each took turns playing preschool games on the table, on Wednesday we played in the water tub, on Thursday we tasted some Sweet Potato chips...we had mixed reviews on the chips and on Friday we had our Flashlight Friday!
This week we will work on letter Bb, number 6, the sight word to and the triangle shape. We will also be working on making inferences, same/different, counting to 20, using a ten frame and more!
We will be starting a reading program with take home books in the next month or so. The program is called Raising A Reader and the kids love to take home their own bag of books each week. I have done this program several different years here at Long's Chapel and it is a wonderful program. Each week your child will take home a red tote bag of books and you will return them the following week. As we get the details ironed out, I will let you know more detailed info but for right now I just wanted to let you know of the upcoming program.
- Bring a flashlight for your child for Flashlight Fridays! I have a few extra I keep on hand, but I don't have enough for every child. The flashlight can stay in their backpack, in their cubby or you can bring it in each Friday.
- We will be closed on Monday, September 7th in observance of Labor Day.
Leader Day for the week of August 31-September 4th:
Monday: Haleigh
Tuesday: Charlie Kate
Wednesday: Jacob
Thursday: Brenna
Friday: Caroline
Have a wonderful rest of the weekend!
....Mrs. Wendy
some pics from last week:
No comments:
Post a Comment