Sunday, February 28, 2016

February 28, 2016

One more day in February and then March will be here! It's hard to believe 6 months ago we where all starting out in our classroom! This weekend is so pretty! I started raking up some old leaves yesterday and when I leaned it up against the railing of the deck I realized I had a snow shovel and rake side by side. There is something wrong with that picture! Friday morning I was shoveling snow and Saturday I was raking in the sunshine... Yesterday while I was out walking our dog I saw a Virginia Brown Creeper walking up one of the trees in my yard. They are a small wren size bird with a long beak. They are brown and speckled on the top of their body and white on the bottom. I haven't seen one in awhile!

 This past week we wrapped up our study on Brazil! We learned about the rainforest, the food, some Portugese words and some counting and we learned about Carnival and how it starts the season of Lent with a big colorful parade with lots of costumes, dancing, singing and food!The masks and headdresses will come home this week.

This week we will be working on letter Uu, number 25, the square shape and the sight word "can". We will be learning about two very different artists...Henri Matisse and Picasso, doing a bar graph, estimating, making inferences and do some science stuff with Oobleck! Wednesday is Read Across America which is an annual celebration of Dr. Seuss's birthday. I don't think I have the book Bartholomew and the Oobleck but I have many other Dr. Seuss books we can read!

This coming week Mrs. Jennifer and I will be switching the red Raising A Reader book bags so both our classes will have different books to read. 

Kindergarten Registrations will be starting soon. When we get the info for all the schools we will pass it on so you will know when it will be time for your child's school. It's hard to believe in 6 months these kids will be in Kindergarten. They are all ready and I know they are going to be successful in their classrooms!

Upcoming Events: 

Picture Day March 14th for all our children...spring pictures and cap and gown pictures!

March 15th:  Raising A Reader Brain Development parent meeting. Most likely this will be around 5 p/m but am waiting to hear back from our coordinator for a time confirmation.

March 31st and April 1st:  I will be out and Mrs. Judy K will be covering me. Our oldest son Bobby found a house to buy and as of now closing is March 31st and we are going to go to Charlotte to help him move in! His dogs will be very excited to have a lot more room and a big fenced in back yard!

May 12th and May 13th:  I will be out and Mrs. Judy K will be covering me. Michael is graduating from HCC and my parents and in-laws will be coming in from New Jersey!


Leaders For The Week Of February 29-March 4th: 

Monday:        Brenna

Tuesday:       Caroline

Wednesday:  Jacob

Thursday:     Georgia

Friday:          Haleigh


Have a great week!

Mrs. Wendy

some pics from last week:

























No comments:

Post a Comment