Last week we finished up our Mother's Day projects and had some fun with puppet theater, the sand table (inside), the marble run and the many ways the kids build it to make it work, and thankfully the kids were able to get out and run and play!
This week is graduation prep work! It's an exciting time for the kids (and me) and we are going to buckle down and get ready!
Thank you to those who brought in money for Grandpa Jack and Mrs. Judy! I am still collecting money is anyone else wants to donate!
By now you all know Mrs. Kristen's last official day with is June 5th. She will be here for graduation and helping out but afterwards she will be done. She and I have been friends for almost 20 years when we met as car line moms when we both had kids in kindergarten at Jonathan Valley Elementary. We have raised our kids together and helped each other out when we needed each other and she and I will continue to be friends, so even though I will miss having her at work, I personally will still be connected to her. I appreciate everything she has done for our school! We will miss you, Kristen!
After Kristen leaves and while we search for a new director, Kathy Stovall will be our interim director. She has been in this position before, when Gail left and we were looking for a new director. She has been in the child care business for many years and has been with us at Long's Chapel for (and I am going to estimate) 6 years.
Graduation practice will be the week of graduation, the 5-8 of June, We will practice Mon, Tues, Wed and Thurs that week at approximately 10:00 in the Sanctuary upstairs. For those of you who will be leaving prior to graduation, you are welcome to bring your child on those days ( or several of them) to practice. It will be good for them to know how we enter the Sanctuary, how to get to their chair and where to sit and how we exit the Sanctuary.
On Graduation day, June 9th, please have your child in the classroom by 9:20 and help them put on their cap/gown before heading up to the Sanctuary to watch our slide show. This is also a great time to take your own pictures of them in their caps/gowns!
The show will play twice so if you don't get up there until 9:45 you will still get to see all the pics. You might want to bring some tissues :)
- We will be closed on Monday, May 29th for Memorial Day.
- I will be off some of June 8th (I will be there for graduation practice) and the afternoon of June 9th.
- Please either bring in a baby pic or email it to me. I need them by the end of this week so I can start putting together the slideshow!
Leaders For The Week Of May 15-19:
Monday: Saralynn
Tuesday: Maddox
Wednesday: Isabella
Thursday: Lauren
Friday: Rylan
Have a great week!
Mrs, Wendy
pics from last week:
No comments:
Post a Comment