Happy last weekend of October! I really like cooler temperatures, but I am not ready for snow and thankfully so far it has not snowed at my house! When it starts to snow, I will not be at school as I cannot get down off my mountain here in Maggie Valley.
We will be having a new director starting soon. Her name is Candace and she is coming to us from Bethel Christian Academy. I do not know her exact start date but it will be soon.
Thank you to all of you for bringing in food and candy and to those who volunteered their time (or their Grandparents time!) to help us on the day of the party! I could not have done it without the help of volunteers and I greatly appreciate all the help and all the food and candy that was brought in! I hope the kids had a good time!
Last week we worked on letter Kk, number 13 and the heart shape. In small groups we had activities that used team work, fine motor skills, listening skills and following directions and literacy and math skills.
Here is a link that discusses pre-writing skills and the basic strokes that children start to use and what age they master them. Building up the muscle strength in their hands is key to being able to hold a pencil, or crayon, and write. Doing activities that strengthen those muscles in their hands will help them tremendously.
www.growinghandsonkids.com/basics-pre-writing-activities-skills-kids
This week we are working on letter Xx (which is a skill mastered the age of 5), number 13 and a triangle shape. I do not get concerned or worried when a child cannot make the letter exactly how it should look, as long as they are trying. As long as they are making strokes on the whiteboard with the marker and are attempting, that's what I am looking for...that they are showing an interest in learning and being persistent and wanting to learn.
Our Thanksgiving Feast is coming up soon and will be on Wednesday, November 23rd. As soon as I get the details as to what time our class will be eating, I will pass it along.
We will be closed November 24th and 25th for Thanksgiving holidays.
If you haven't already, please sign up for text alerts from WLOS. This will get a text sent to you if we are closing for power outage, no water, snow, etc. Go to WLOS https://wlos.com/weather/text-alerts and sign up for our school and for any other schools you might need.
Please make sure your child has a complete change of clothes...we have all kinds of reasons why kids need to change their clothes ranging from milk or water spill to getting dirty outside to potty accidents and we need to have clean clothes to put on them when they need them.
Leaders For The Week Of October 30-November 3:
Monday: Bradley
Tuesday: Madisyn
Wednesday: Landon
Thursday: Ezra
Friday: Rhiannon
Have a wonderful week!
Mrs. Wendy
No comments:
Post a Comment