In just a few short days many of us will be celebrating Thanksgiving with family and friends. Some will have lots and lots of people at their tables and some will have a few. No matter if you are celebrating with 20 people or two people, what matters is that we are thankful for what has been given to us in life. I have been blessed with a wonderful husband, our four children, a sweet daughter in law and possibly our very first grandchild may be on the way ( it has not been confirmed by a doctor yet, so fingers crossed!) Every day I am thankful I have them in my life. I am thankful I get to come to school and teach and play with and talk with your sweet children and have them in my life. And for this Thanksgiving, I am going to be thankful for being able to sleep in a few days and not have to get in my car and drive somewhere! :) Happy Thanksgiving to all of you!
This past week it was kind of like Christmas in the classroom as our new director and Mrs. Kathy got us a lot of new things for our classroom. Our center undergoes an assessment every three years which give us our star rating. There are many, many components of the assessment including health and sanitation, language and reasoning, how the centers are set up and the materials included in each center, hand washing, routines, schedule, child and teacher interactions, staff to staff interactions and so on. We have been getting some new things to add to our centers and the kids have had a blast playing with the new toys! My first year my room was picked to be assessed..it's luck of the draw, and the assessor was in my room for 4 hours and then interviewed me for 45 minutes. If ever there was a day in my life that I needed chocolate, that was the day! They score you anywhere from 1-7, 7 being the highest score and I scored a 6.27. How I did that is beyond me, I was a nervous wreck the whole time they were watching me! I am very proud of that score and if my room gets picked again, I know we will do very well! As our window of time gets closer, we will talk to the children about visitors in the classroom. When someone comes in the room, the kids like to talk to them. When the assessor comes, they are not allowed to talk to me, Mrs. Susan or the children, and that's hard for any child, and especially this group of kids who are really social and love to talk to everyone.
\
So that's enough of me going on and on..... :)
We will be closing on Tuesday at 1:00. Our meal serving time is 12:20. If you are still eating at 1:00,. we will not close the doors and lock everyone in or out! :) When you come to the feast on Tuesday, please make sure you sign your child out so we know who they are with.
Please make sure your child has a complete change of clothes...including underwear!
I am changing my email over to yahoo. My new email will be wendybg65@yahoo.com. Please send me an email to the new one to make sure I can receive them. I was having some issues with it when I first set up the account. Thank You!
Leaders For The Week Of November 20-21:
Monday: Logan
Tuesday: Rachel
Have a great week and Happy Thanksgiving!!
pics from last week:
No comments:
Post a Comment