I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving and a long break from school (and maybe work?)! I previously thought I would have 5 days to rest and read some books and drink some hot chocolate and basically relax. That does not happen when you have a son home from college, so I have learned. The three older kids commuted to HCC and WCU, so having one that comes home for a break is a new thing for me, and the bank account. The things he forgot to bring home for fall break I bought him in October and told him to keep them at the house. He didn't. I had to buy them again, including a nice blanket he decided he liked for his dorm bed and kept it there, so we bought another blanket for his bed here at home. In two weeks he will be home for a month. I forgot how often he eats and eats and eats. We have enjoyed having him home, especially the dog who loves to lay all over him. He is fun to take grocery shopping and to sit around and drink hot chocolate and watch tv together and talk about crazy college stories and he helped me put up Christmas tree #5,
and I like putting together care packages for him to take back with him and putting in things to surprise him. Before he left for college all my friends that have gone through a child away at college kept saying you are going to miss him and they would go on and on. And the reality for me is, I don't miss his showers he would take at 3 a/m and wake me up, I don't miss the dishes all over the counter and in the sink. I don't miss having to nag him for two hours to get out of bed on a Saturday to come grocery shopping so he could pick out what he wanted for his school lunches. I don't miss any of that from any of my children. I do miss their sweet faces and having one or more tag along grocery shopping and singing in the car with me, or with my daughter, singing and dancing in the aisles of the stores. :) When we do get together or talk on the phone, I appreciate the time we have and know that they are doing what I set out to do...give them the tools to be independent and to do what they love to do and to know they are loved and we will always be here for them, no matter what time of the day or what day of the week or no matter how old they get. I thought it was hard having young kids...it gets a lot harder when they are older and spread out in different places and doing different things and have spread their wings to fly. Enjoy your young ones while you have them. As they get older the relationships you have with them evolve and the worries and challenges become different. Enjoy them as middle school kids and teenagers and keep building a relationship with them. When I would drop them off in the car line at middle and high school I would yell to them "Mommy loves you, hugs and kisses to you, be sweet". They all have a good sense of humor and it didn't embarrass them, even though I was being silly about it, and they knew that but they also knew I meant it. Be silly, have fun, keep the lines of communications open and let them know how loved and how special they are so when they do fly you will always have that special bond and special relationship with them that can't be broken no matter where they are.
Last week was a really short week! We loved seeing you come out to our feast! The kids always have a great time and I hope you all enjoyed it as well! November is just about done and I can't believe Christmas is around the corner!
- We will be closed Friday, December 22 and will remain closed until we open back up again on Tuesday, January 2nd, 2018!
- We still need family pics!! Thank you for those who sent them in or emailed them to me! They are awesome!
- My new email is wendybg65@yahoo.com The AOL email address will be cut off soon.
Leaders For The Week Of November 27-December 1:
Monday: Lauren
Tuesday: Shaun
Wednesday: Lucas
Thursday: Bradley
Friday: Madisyn
Have a wonderful week!
Mrs. Wendy
No comments:
Post a Comment