Welcome to the first full week of March! I still can't believe winter is almost over and spring will be here! I hope everyone was safe from the storms on Friday night!
This past week was Dr. Seuss week, as his birthday was on Friday. We read lots of different Dr. Seuss books such as One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish, Hop on Pop, Green Eggs and Ham, I Wish That I Had Duck Feet, Dr. Seuss's ABC's and Go Dog Go. The children were able to create their own Dr. Seuss character with a basic template and they were given, yarn, buttons, pom-poms, tissue paper and other craft supplies to complete their character. They also colored a fish bowl and added a red fish, a blue fish and two other fish. The fish were labeled with the color and number words to aid in word recognition. We also did a math adding and subtracting activity with eggs and a plate.
This week we will be working on the color wheel and primary colors. I found a really fun book called "Press Here" by Herve Tullet and I think the children are going to really enjoy the book, I know I do! I won't give away what happens in the book because the children will be making their own "Press Here" book this week. Our letters this week will be E and F, our numbers will be 17 and 18, the shape will be a trapezoid, our Bible Verse will be Psalm 37:3 Trust In The Lord and our word of the week will be "she".
We will be having a party on March 16th for St. Patricks Day. On that day the children can wear their pajamas! Mrs. Jennifer and I be working on a food sign-up sheet this week!
I want to thank all of your children for helping our new friend, Sarah Grace feel welcome in our classroom and helping her adapt to our classroom rules and routines!
Caden's last day in our classroom was on Wednesday. The kids and I are going to miss him very much! He had been with me for almost two years and was just like one of my own kids! We love you Caden and we will miss you!
Our Leader Calendar for the week of the 5th to the 9th:
Monday: Hampton
Tuesday: Zac
Wednesday: Seamus
Thursday: Rachel
Friday: Addison
Brain Quest Problem Of The Week:
How much is 4+5?
Have a great week!
Mrs. Wendy
Some pics from last week:
No comments:
Post a Comment