Sunday, January 13, 2013

January 13, 2013




What a beautiful weekend we are having! Despite a few rain showers here and there, I will take 70 degree temperatures over snow anyday! Yesterday my youngest two kids and I went over to Asheville to the Nature Center. Jamie had been sick with the flu all week and was finally feeling better and it was just a nice day to get out and enjoy some fresh air. Even though our temperatures have been warmer for this time of the year they still had the bears in their "den" hibernating to stick with their normal cycle. The wolf puppies are now just about as big as the adults and the river otters were busy playing with a ball that had treats inside.

Last week we made our penguins out of the water bottles and we need to put on their flippers this week! We wrote our letters, numbers, sight word, shape and days of the week on our white boards and on Friday we wrote them on shaving cream on the table, which the kids think is great fun! We traced shapes and completed patterns, created sight words with magnetic letters, put alphabet stones in alphabetical order and had a lot of fun playing.

This week we will be finishing our penguins and starting a snow globe craft..this is my first time doing this project and I hope they turn out cute! We will be reading stories about arctic animals and snow stories, working on letters Gg and Hh, numbers 43 and 44, the word "you" and the rectangle shape.

I have reserved the Fellowship Hall for Friday, January 25th for the morning. We will have our snow day (but if the weather stays this warm we may end up with a beach day!) with a snowball fight (with yarn pom-poms), a snow day story, drinking hot chocolate and watching a movie. The kids can wear their pajamas that day if they wish!

Leader Day for the week of January 14th-18th:

Monday: Maddie
Tuesday: Marin
Wednesday: Alex
Thursday: Ayden
Friday: Bryce

Reminders:

Red reading bags need to be brought back each Monday in order for your child to get another one to take home. Please make sure Mrs. Lovenda or I know that you have brought back the bag so we can check it off and send out another one!


Have a great week!

Mrs. Wendy

pics from last week:  (I am still trying to figure out how to work this new way of adding pics. I can't seem to load more than 20 at a time so I will have several posts from this past week)






















Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment