Tis the season for freezing rain, sleet, snow and snow days! I wish if we were going to have some snow that it would just really snow...starting around midnight on a Sunday night when everyone is off the roads and we wake up to a foot of snow and can go back to bed! This little piddly stuff is not only dangerous but disruptive! In any case, I hope you have enjoyed the long weekend! I think I could get used to having a three day weekend! My daughter got her early birthday present yesterday...two female mice. She has been begging and begging for them and my husband and I keep telling her and the other kids "no more animals" because as our kids get older, we will be stuck with them when they go off to college and start their own life! Still wanting to persist with getting the mice, she made a 10 slide power point as to the reasons why she should get the mice and how we wouldn't be stuck caring for them and being the daddy's girl that my daughter is, she got her way and he agreed to buy her the mice. I have to say, they are cute, and she does take good care of her pets, but they are going to stay in her bedoom!
Last week was a really short week and while we accomplished making our polar bears, I am going to continue this week with the academics and things from last week. I need to get together with Amanda to find a good time to re-schedule our Snow Day party...I have all the materials, all I need now is a new date!
Reminders:
Raising A Reader parent meeting on February 5th at 5:00 p/m in the main building in Mrs. Gail's room.
Please return the red reading bags on Monday mornings, unless your child was absent and didnt get the bag until later in the week. It helps for me and Lovenda to keep up with the bags if they get returned on the same day. When you return your child's bag, please let me or Mrs. Lovenda know so we can mark it as returned and can issue your child a new bag.
Leader Days for the week of January 28th to February 1st:
Monday: Lauren
Tuesday: Maddie
Wednesday: Marin
Thursday: Alex
Friday: Danielle
It looks like most of this week is going to be a nice week, with the exception of Wednesday! I hope everyone was able to see the ticker on WLOS or go to their website and click on school closings or got the text from WLOS saying our school was closed on Friday. Mrs. Amanda was having a hard time getting through to the station and then when she finally got the message to them we were closing, the ticker has having a hard time showing up. You can always check the WLOS website and sign up for text alerts for our school so you will get your notifications early enough to make other arrangements or go back to bed!
This week I have an art observation lesson to do with the kids for my college course. I have chosen to have them do street art (graffiti, urban art, etc) and we are going to go outside on one of the warmer days (probably Mon or Tues) and draw with the sidewalk chalk and see what we can come up with. I have to create a lesson plan for this one activity and document my observations. For this assignment I do not need pictures of the kids doing the activity, but for my final project I will need photographs for the slideshow presentation...which will be sent in an email to the professor. It won't be shown to everyone in the course. I have permission from several parents to use their child's photos in my coursework...if you DO NOT want me to use your child's picture, please let me know and I will keep them out of anything I use for my college work I certainly understand if you wouldn't want your child's picture being used!
check out the rest of the pics on my 2nd posting for today!
Have a great week!
Mrs. Wendy

No comments:
Post a Comment