Saturday, January 3, 2015

January 3, 2015

Happy New Year! I hope everyone has been able to take some time off and spend some time with family and friends and has stayed healthy and well! Thankfully the weather has been pretty nice and we have been able to get out and about! My husband was in Berlin and is now in Lyon France for a few days then back to Berlin. This project is now in the "go-live" phase and wraps up in a week or two. Next he is off to Sao Paulo Brazil to work on the next project.

The classroom floors where cleaned and waxed over the holiday break, so please excuse the mess when we return. Mrs. Lovenda and I will have the room looking good in no time and there are still plenty of things for the kids to enjoy.

My 23 yr old got a tablet through Verizon as a promotional type thing and said he never uses it and gave it to me. I have put some preschool learning apps on it and will be bringing it to school here and there for them to use...hopefully they will teach me how to play the games. I tried them all out and have literally gotten stuck on some of them and it's all because of the touch screen part that confuses me! I have a touch screen cell phone and ipod but for some reason the games throw me off! :)

I am going to try something fun I found on the internet...Flashlight Fridays! If your child has a flashlight of their own that you don't mind them bringing in on Fridays, they will be using it to look at books on their cots while we get settled down for nap. The rules will be they have to be using the flashlight to look through the book and cannot flash the lights on the other kids, especially in their eyes. If that happens, the flashlights will go back in their cubby. Hopefully this will be a fun thing the kids will enjoy doing on Fridays!

This week we will be working on letters Aa and Nn, numbers 24 and 25, the triangle shape, the sight word "can" and doing a fun science experiment!


Leaders For The Week Of January 5th-9th:
 
Monday:         Sophia

Tuesday:         Brannon

Wednesday:    Khloe

Thursday:       Weston

Friday:            Chace


I am looking forward to getting back in the classroom and having some fun!

Mrs. Wendy

No comments:

Post a Comment