Sunday, April 19, 2015

April 19, 2015

Spring has sprung...complete with allergies and beautiful trees and flowers! I have an apple tree in my yard that years ago grew green apples and in the past two years it is now growing green apples and red delicious apples. It is split right down the middle! We also have a red delicious apple tree very close to that tree, so I think they have cross bred...science lesson happening in my yard!


If you have time today, you need to get to the Dillard's Outlet at the old Biltmore Mall...everything is an additional 50% off the lowest price on the tag. Nathan and I went there yesterday and together we got a pair of shoes, a dress and 5 men's casual button up shirts for $84! Some of the men's shirts where already marked down to $4.99 and then 50% off of that price! When Nathan picked up a shirt and looked at the price tag and said "$28? That's crazy!" I knew then I have raised him right! :)  That shirt was originally $85, marked down to $28 and then 50%, making it $14...which is an awesome deal!


If you have any clothes, books, etc in good condition, we have a new thrift store open in Maggie Valley and is operated by the VFW and they take donations. I am not sure of the hours, but I have stuff to take there and will find out.  On Saturdays they have a bag sale...$5 a bag and 5 books for $1.


Whew! We all survived last week! :)  I can't believe how much we accomplished! The Mother's Day gifts are done, we learned about England and had a fabulous tea party! I don't know about the kids, but I was worn out by Friday night! :) The kids had a great time with the party and I can't express how proud I am of all of them! They where so well behaved and sat at the table for much longer than I anticipated!


This week we are going to be learning about Monet and creating our own Monet painting! We are also going to do some yoga, our estimation jar and read some new books I found! One of the books is called "A Sick Day for Amos McGee". I found this book at Kohls, along with an elephant to go with it! Last weekend the elephant rode all over Asheville with me and now it's time for him to come to school to see the kids! There where several other books that where really cute, along with a few more animals...turtle, bear and a dolphin. The books and animals are $5 each and 100% of the net profit donated goes to support kids  health and education initiatives in communities nationwide.



Upcoming Events: 

Mother's Day Tea:   Wednesday, May 6th...this is a drop-in event in the morning. Your child will have a gift for you and there will be treats to eat!

May 7th and 8th:  I will be out of the classroom and in Charlotte for my oldest sons graduation from UNC Charlotte with a Masters Degree in Computer Science.


May 22nd:  Graduation in the Sanctuary at 10:00 a/m. A reception will follow.

May 25 and 26th:  We will be closed for Memorial Day and a Teacher Workday.

May 27th:   Back to School for summer


Leaders for the week of April 20-24:

Monday:         Allie

Tuesday:         Max

Wednesday:   Sophie

Thursday:       Weston

Friday:           Andrew


Have a great week!

Mrs. Wendy


pics from last week:





































No comments:

Post a Comment