Saturday, April 4, 2015

April 4, 2015

It sure does feel like spring today! The allergies are in full swing and the trees are getting new leaves! Jamie, Nathan and I did some shopping in Asheville and the stores where crowded with lots of girls shopping for prom dresses! At our house we discovered we have squirrels building a nest near the top of a huge hemlock tree that is right next to our deck, so hopefully we will be getting to see some baby squirrels soon! Nathan has his permit and drove me to Wal-Mart this morning...thankfully this is the last of 4 kids learning to drive. I can't take much more! :)

Last week was a blur, but a good blur! We had our Easter party and egg hunt on Wednesday and our pajama/movie day on Thursday. The kids had a good week and had lots of fun!

This week is spring break for public school which means we won't have as many kids in our classroom as usual and I am not going to do any science experiments, cooking or anything the other kids would miss. When they all get back the following week we will be learning about England and I will bring in the box my friend sent them which is filled with fun things for the housekeeping center and some new books! While in Asheville we went to the World Market and I bought some digestive biscuits (cookies) and lemon curd (basically lemon pudding) for them to have with the scones we are going to make. That store has so many wonderful and unique products that I can go crazy in there!


Upcoming Events: 

Tea Party:   We will be having a tea party on Friday, April 17th as part of our study on England. The kids can wear something a bit tea party-ish that day if they would like...something a bit more dressy than school clothes. We will be having our party in the big Sunday School room down the hall from our classroom, complete with fancy plates, napkins and tea cups! We will also be learning about place settings, table manners, napkins on the lap, etc.!


Mothers Day Tea:  We are having a Mother's Day Tea Party in our classroom as a drop-in event the morning of May 6th as you drop your child off at school. Your child will have a gift for you and we will have treats to eat!

May 7th and 8th:  I will be out of the classroom these two days. Our oldest son Bobby, who is 25, will be graduating from UNC Charlotte with a Masters Degree in Computer Science. :)

Graduation:   Friday, May 22 at 10:00 a/m in the Sanctuary (where we had our music show). Following the ceremony we will be serving refreshments. The children are welcome to stay at school or you may take them home with you. We will be open until 6:00 that day.

The children will be wearing the gowns you saw in their cap/gown pics and underneath they can wear whatever you choose. If your child is staying you might not want them dressed in their Sunday best clothes! :)




I can't believe it's getting closer to graduation time! Each year the time seems to go by quicker and quicker! Mrs. Lovenda and I have had a wonderful time getting to know each and every child and spending time and talking with them! They are all such sweet, loving and precious kids and I know they are all going to be so successful in their lives! I hope they have enjoyed their time in our classroom as much as Mrs. Lovenda and I have enjoyed being with them!



Leaders for the week of April 6-10: 


Monday:         Carver

Tuesday:         Sophie

Wednesday:    Andrew

Thursday:       Weston

Friday:            Tanner


Have a wonderful week!

....Mrs. Wendy

pics from last week:



































No comments:

Post a Comment