Sunday, November 15, 2015

November 15, 2015

Good Morning! What a pretty weekend we are having! I hope everyone has been able to get outside and get some fresh air and enjoy the sunshine!

On Friday I attended a Be Active Kids training session and learned a lot of good info to bring back to our center and to our classroom. Here is the link for info for families....http://www.beactivekids.org/beactive-at-home   I also have some good info sheets for fun things to do that I will share with all of you...things like "50 things to do with a cardboard box" and "50 things to do with mud". There are some really fun and interesting things to do at home and at school! I found this link for ways to eat healthy on a budget and as someone who has fed 6 people for years and years, I know how hard it is to get everyone to eat the same thing and to eat healthy. There is a free option to sign up for a weekly newsletter/meal plan but then there is also a members section where I guess you can pay to have all the meals/grocery lists and things sent to you. It contains options for gluten free, nut free and egg free as well!  http://www.momables.com/how-to-eat-healthy-on-a-budget/

While I was at the training, Mrs. Lovenda became sick, so please keep her in your prayers! Mrs. Lovenda and her husband Steve are like family to my children and I don't like to see her not feeling well. :(

This past week was busy, busy, busy! We started off our week heading to the Maggie Valley Inn to make pizzas with Philip, their pizza maker! Mrs. Beth generously donated all the pizza making materials, drinks and pizzas for the children and adults. I wasn't expecting this, so it was a wonderful surprise! I know for most of you, the Rendezvous restaurant is out of your way, but believe me, it is worth the trip. I eat here at least once a month and everything is so good and Beth comes around to each table and makes sure everyone is okay. On a side note, if you are looking for a fun New Years Eve Party...she has one every year with a big buffet, live music and dancing and when the New Year rings in the breakfast buffet comes out! I don't remember how much it was last year, but you can get a party and room package or just the party. I live a few miles down the street so I just go home and save the money!

The kids had a wonderful time making the pizza and we learned some of our kids really like lots of cheese and pepperoni! Next we moved to Venice where we painted our cardboard boxes, put ribbon around pool noodles to decorate them for the rowing oar and pretended we where in the Venice where instead of cars, they use boats! We watched a little bit of a really cool video of a gondola ride through Venice...at almost 3 minutes into the video, one of the women in the boat starts singing in Italian. Here is the link...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1UhsHnfrOY. After visiting Venice we went to Rome where we became Roman Emperors! We wore our Toga's and our Roman Laurel Wreaths and went visiting the other classrooms!

This week we will be working on letters Ll, number 16, the trapezoid shape and the sight word "go", doing some estimating, working on our craft for the Thanksgiving Feast, reading some Thanksgiving books and doing our usual hands-on activities, playing and making a thank you card for Mrs. Beth and Phillip!

This past week a paper was sent home regarding our feast...please fill out the bottom part with your total of how many people will be coming from your family to the feast and bring it back a.s.a.p, please! The feast will be on Wednesday, November 25th.

  • We will be closed on Thursday, November 26 and Friday, November 27th in observance of Thanksgiving! 

  • Please make sure your child has a complete change for clothes for winter that can stay in their cubby! 

  • If you can, please bring in an extra hat/gloves for when we go outside. The temperatures have been wonderful but soon they will get colder and colder! We go outside even when the temperatures are in the low 20's so please make sure your child's head and hands will be covered. 
  • Sign up for text alerts from WLOS if you haven't already done so 

Leaders For The Week of November  16-20: 

Monday:       Haleigh

Tuesday:       Charlie Kate

Wednesday:  Trenten

Thursday:      Caroline

Friday:          Georgia


Have a wonderful week!

Mrs. Wendy


pics from this past week:

 Pizza Makers!


 The children each got their own dough to hand fold and flatten into a pizza












 Someone likes pepperoni!









 I like his style of eating pizza!

















Add caption


























 A gondola also makes a great place to sit and read a book! 








 Happy Birthday Haleigh!


















No comments:

Post a Comment