Sunday, November 1, 2015

November 1, 2015

Good Morning! I hope everyone had a fabulous and fun-filled Halloween day! I spent the day at CVS Minute Clinic finding out I have a bad sinus infection and the beginnings of bronchitis. I am not contagious but I did get 4 medications to takeI really wanted some candy, but they told me to take the medicine instead. :( I am kind of getting my voice back, so thank you for being patient with me this past week when I couldn't talk very well! We had a wonderful party on Friday with lots of great food, games and activities! The kids where amazing and just ran around from game to game having a great time, which is what I had hoped for! Thank you all for helping to make our party so much fun for our kids!

This week we are going to be study different composers, the role of the conductor in an orchestra,  learning about some different orchestra instruments and will be using our classroom instruments to make our own songs. We will be learning about Henri Mancini, John Williams, Aaron Copeland and Andrew Lloyd Webber...all very different in musical styles but all four have produced some wonderful theme songs for musicals, tv shows and movies. We will also be working on letter Kk, number 15, the hexagon shape and the sight word "for".

  • Your child will need a plain white t-shirt for the day we make pizzas. Please buy one large enough that it can serve double duty as a toga so there will be no need to buy two shirts. We can roll up sleeves and tuck in shirts for pizza making and then use the same shirts for a toga later in the week!

Upcoming Events: 

Monday, November 9th:  Our field trip to Rendezvous Restaurant at the Maggie Valley Inn to make our own pizzas! If you haven't already turned in your permission slip, please do so A.S.A.P! :)

Friday November 13th:     I will be attending a Be Active Kids training at Haywood Community College from 9-12. Mrs. Judy will be covering me during that time.

November 25th:   Our Thanksgiving Feast for the entire center. I will let you know what our time slot will be. We will be gathering a head count very soon so we can prepare enough food for everyone who will be attending.

November 26th and 27th:  The center will be closed in observance of Thanksgiving


  • If you haven't do so already, please change out your child's summer change of clothes and bring in some warmer clothes. We have several children with no change of clothes and some with summer clothes in their cubby. We go outside even when it's drizzling out and if the children go down the slide and get wet, they need clothes to change into as well as if they spill milk or water on themselves inside the classroom. We change more clothes for spills and getting wet outside than potty accidents so please make sure your child has a change of clothes in their cubby. 

Leaders For The Week Of November 2-November 6th: 

Monday:       Jacob

Tuesday:       Brandon

Wednesday:   Charlie Kate

Thursday:      Haleigh

Friday:           Trenten


Have a great week!

Mrs. Wendy

pics from this past week:

























































No comments:

Post a Comment