It's snowing! Well, at least there are a few flakes flying around! :) We put up our Christmas Tree yesterday and browsed around Michael's store (I should never go in that store because I want to buy one of everything!) and now with the cold air and flurries....it is finally starting to feel like the holidays are getting close! I need to go out and get some birdseed today...I have a lot of birds trying to eat from my bird feeder but it's empty and I feel bad. :( I guess it's been so unseasonably warm for so long that it's slipped my mind to start putting bird seed in the feeder. I finally brought in my huge lily plants from the back deck and the inside of my house looks like a plant nursery. I have a big mystery palm that is about 5' tall, a boston fern, a big aloe plant, a spider plant and two huge round pots with the peace lily plants all just sitting around my living room!
This past week we finished all our preparations for our feast we will be eating this week and we all but finished our ornaments we made for the Christmas Tree Mrs. Gail is going to put up for our school.
This week is a short week and we are going to be finishing our tree ornaments, tracing our hands and making turkeys, writing down directions on how to cook a turkey, read some Thanksgiving books, do our writers workshop and some hands-on activities.
Upcoming Events:
Thanksgiving Feast: Wednesday, November 25th at noon in the Fellowship Hall. We are closing at 1:00 but I promise if you are still eating we won't lock the doors on you! :)
Closed: Thursday and Friday November 26th and 27th in observance of Thanksgiving
Reminders:
Sign up for text alerts!
Bring in a change of warm clothes...pants, long sleeve shirts, socks, etc
If you want, you may keep a hat/gloves in your child's cubby for winter
Leaders for this week:
Monday: Brenna
Tuesday: Brandon
Wednesday: Jacob
Have a wonderful week and a fabulous Thanksgiving!
Mrs. Wendy
pics from last week:











































No comments:
Post a Comment