Sunday, February 26, 2012

February 26, 2012

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend! I did some shopping on Saturday and got a few Dr. Seuss books for this coming week. Dr. Seuss's birthday is March 2nd and we will be spending this week doing some fun math and language activities based off of some of his books. On Friday I sent home some sight words on a book ring for each child. I have several children with older siblings who want to do some of the things they do and I also have children who really enjoy reading and learning the sight words. These are to be used any way you choose..there is no right or wrong way. I wanted to give those children who wanted to practice and opportunity to do so. We won't be having any spelling tests on these words on Friday!

Last week we had a really fun week learning and talking about dinosaurs. We read Danny and the Dinosaur, Detective Dinosaur, Dinosaur Bones and How Do Dinosaurs Get Well. We also did a dinosaur egg math patterning activity using jelly beans, made our own dinosaur fossil footprint in clay and created our own Stegosaurus out of a paper plate. On Friday we watched the movie "Ice Age"...and the kids loved it...and while we watched the movie we were paleontologists and dug out chocolate chips out of chocolate chip cookies and had them for a snack! I added a few more dinosaurs to our sand table as well! Your child's fossil is now dry and you can take them home this week. They are on the counter next to the computers.

This week we will be adding and subtracting with green eggs, (on paper, of course!), graphing how many children like green eggs and ham, creating our own creatures and our own goldfish bowl with red fish and blue fish. Our letters this week will be B and C, our numbers are 15 and 16, the shape is an octagon, the color is red and our word of the week is "was". Our Bible verse this week will be Mark 10:14  "Let the little children come to me".

Reminders:

Mrs. Jennifer will be out on Monday morning and will be back in the classroom around noon

Leader Calendar for the week of February 27th-March 2nd:

Monday:       Jayden
Tuesday:       Eli
Wednesday:  Hampton
Thursday:     will update when I get the new calendar
Friday:

Brain Quest problem of the week:    how many sides are on an Octagon?


"The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go." - Dr. Seuss


Have a great week!!

              Mrs. Wendy

Some pics from Friday:





























No comments:

Post a Comment