Sunday, September 16, 2012

September 16, 2012

We are halfway through September...what happened? I don't know where time goes, but I do know that before you know it, the kids are all grown up! This weekend my oldest son came home to visit. He called Thursday night and said he wanted to spend some time with the family...which is so far different from when they are teenagers and spend their time getting away from family. With him being away from us now, he has realized the importance of family and spending time with family, no matter how you spend that time. He took us out to breakfast and then  to the library to get the book I had promised the kids I would try to find (we have read "I'm Mighty" and "I'm Dirty" and I went to look for..and found, "I Stink") and then grocery shopping. After all that he drove us over to Asheville for lunch and some shopping. He isn't crazy about going from store to store, but he wanted to spend time with family...and that was the important part of the day. In the blink of an eye...the kids grow up!

Have you been to the Farmer's Market in Asheville? My kids love to go there! Across the street from there is Jesse Israel and Son's flower store...they have beautiful flowers and koi fish! I wish I had a green thumb and a lot of sun at my house for things to grow! While we wandered around, I found, and bought, a bird feeder that attaches to a window. I think the kids will have fun watching the birds!

Last week we put the finishing touches on our apple trees, colored apples for our wreath on our door, created pictures out of shapes, did some math one to one...putting the correct amount of red pom-poms (apples) on the apple trees and read a fun flannel board story about a famer with an apple tree and his animals...a chick, a cat, a dog, a sheep and a pig who all come along to eat up the apples. We also got to know our new fish, Verde, who is a half-moon Beta fish, had fun stamping the alphabet and symbols, completed patterns, measured the growth of our carrots and learned about and wrote the letters Jj, Kk, numbers 19 and 20 and the word "and".

This week we will continue our Bible lessons from Exodus, do some color mixing to make new colors, water and measure our carrots, make apple patterns, add leaves to a tree...roll the dice and add that amt of leaves to the tree, counting, putting numbers in order from 1-10, and putting objects from small to big and big to small, picking the apple alphabet and saying the letter and sound it makes, reading the new stories from the library, a flannel board story about the mouse and the apple and letters Kk, Ll, numbers 21, 22, a rectangle shape and the word "can".

Our leaders for the week of Sept 17th-Sept 21st:

Monday:         Bryce
Tuesday:        Ayden
Wednesday:   Danielle
Thursday:      Chandler
Friday:           Lauren

Please remember to keep toys from home at home unless it is your child's leader day.

Keep checking your child's folder every day for information or pictures your child has drawn.

Our mornings have gotten cooler and the children are starting to wear sweaters, jackets and hoodies to school...please hang them up on their hook with their backpack. If they get cold we can get their coat for them.

Here are some pics from last week:




Our new fish...Verde! 

shredding tissue paper to make apples






















the apple tree flannel board story



I, J and the word "and"



Happy Birthday Marin! 


















the morning weather

firetruck clothespin counting



























No comments:

Post a Comment