Okay...this past week we accomplished quite a few things...we mixed yellow and blue together and got the color green and mixed red and blue to get the color purple but it turned out to be more of a rusty color...I think I had too much red in the bag! We played the apple alphabet game where the kids pulled an apple out of a basket and told me what letter they pulled out and what sound it makes. We read the books "I Stink", "I'm Big" and "I'm Mean"..they love these books! We practiced writing our letters Kk and Ll and the numbers 21 and 22 and listened to Bible stories. We also did some alphabet matching, I Can Find and one to one correspondence by rolling dice and counting up the number of dots shown...we then put that many leaves on the tree. We also made patterns with different colored apples, listened to a felt board story called "The Mouse and the Apple" and we hung our bird feeder outside the window above our science center. So far no birds have appeared, but in time they will figure out there is food!
This coming week, instead of taking our kids to the apple orchard, the orchard is coming to us! The kids will get to sample different types of apples, drink some apple cider and eat an apple muffin. We will wrap our hands-on activities with apples by doing the apple alphabet again, reading and discussing several stories like "Picking Apples and Pumpkins", "Apples", "The Season's of Arnold's Apple Tree" and "Birdwatchers". For some math activities, we will be graphing different colored apples, finding out which is more/less, some one to one correspondence and tracing numbers. We will be making a fun apple pie craft (hopefully they will turn out cute...I haven't done these before!), work on numbers 23, 24, letters Mm and Nn, the word "the", the trapezoid shape and our Bible focus this week will be from Exodus and Numbers.
Reminders:
Please leave toys at home unless it is your child's leader day. The children become upset when they see someone with a toy from home and they didn't bring something themselves. In order to be fair to all the children, please limit toys from home unless it is your child's leader day.
Please hang up your child's sweater, hoodie or jacket on their hooks in the main hallway before they come in the classroom.
Please return to school your child's picture form as soon as possible.
If you have not returned the Raising A Reader survey form, please return to me as soon as possible.
Keep your finger crossed for me that my computer keeps on going!
Have a great week!
Mrs. Wendy
Here are some pics from this week:
Apple Alphabet
Apple Patterns
Blending colors
One to One Correspondence
Alphabet Matching
I Can Find...
Our new bird feeder as seen through the classroom window
No comments:
Post a Comment