Thank you for all your help and support during the month of March! We had so many things going on and as always, you came through and we got it all done! We had St. Patrick's Day, the Wake Up the Bears party, the art show and then the Easter Egg hunt! I don't know about you, but I was thankful for this three day weekend!
I want to let you all know that Timber's last day was Thursday. The kids will start asking about him and I wanted to give you the opportunity to talk to your child about it if you chose to do so before we get back to school tomorrow. He is such a sweet kid and I am going to miss him and his family.
Our new girl, Aliyah started this past Monday and has blended effortlessly into our classroom. Your kids have done a great job at making her feel welcome and a part of our classroom family. I am so proud of all our children!
This past week we worked on letter Zz, the number 28 and the rectangle shape and started talking about Spring. This week we will be working on letter Rr, number 29 and the diamond (rhombus) shape and continuing our study on spring.
We will be closed Friday, April 13th for a teacher training day. I get to come to work, your child gets a day off! :)
For the first time, that I can remember, we will be moving our graduation date from June to August. This is due to the majority of our kids that stay through the summer with us. It's confusing to the children to graduate in June then stay all summer and we want graduation to be special for them and mark the end of preschool and the beginning of big kid school. I will get back to you with the date, but it's going to be on a Friday night in the beginning of August. If your child is not coming this summer, they are more than welcome to come back and walk with the kids. There will be practices in the Sanctuary in the mornings the week of graduation and I will let you know what days/times in case you want your child to come back and walk. :)
Please make sure your child has a complete (shirt, pants, underwear, socks) change of clothes in their cubby. Kids at this age still have potty accidents and milk spills and they roll around in the dirt outside and splash in mud puddles and we want to make sure they have their own clothes to change into so they are comfortable.
Please make sure your child has what they need for rest time...blanket, small pillow and stuffed animal is what we allow them to have. We are having a huge number of children asking to borrow a stuffed animal from our toy bin to sleep with at rest time. We really want them to have something from home they can sleep with, so please make sure they have everything they need each day.
Please remind your child that any stuffed animal they bring from home has to stay in their cubby until rest time. We are continuing to have children bring toys from home and bringing them out during free play or keeping them in their pockets and then they get upset when they get lost. The only time toys, other than stuffed animals, need to come to school is on your child's leader day for show and tell. Other than that, please leave toys at home.
Leaders For The Week Of April 2-6:
Monday: Neriah
Tuesday: Shaun
Wednesday: Gideon
Thursday: Ezra
Friday: Lucas
Have a wonderful week!
...Mrs. Wendy
pics from last week:
No comments:
Post a Comment